Monday, June 11, 2007

Goodsh*t: Leslie Feist

If you haven't heard Feist's first album, stop here and go get it. Then follow up with Kings of Convenience's Riot on an Empty Street (she does backing vocals on "Know How" and "The Build Up"). These are the prequels to her latest album "The Reminder". Full of buttery matter-of-fact love ballads ("Honey Honey", "So Sorry") Feist "reminds" me not to take myself too seriously in between with her catchy melodic sounds of summer ("My Moon My Man", "1234", "I Feel It All"). Her voice is timeless, she a badass with a guitar, and I am not ashamed to admit that I had a full-on drunken cry at her show 2 years ago at The Knitting Factory. (You know it's good if you catch me alive at the Knitting Factory.)

PS She used to live with Peaches. Niceeeee.

No comments: