Monday, April 30, 2007

Goodsh*t: Special Topics in Calamity Physics

I have been reading about Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl for about 5 months now and only just found it in paperback (I have an aversion to bulky hard covers, what can I say?). What I thought was just going to be kind of a cheesey chick-lit mystery, is turning out to be a cleverly written story about Blue Van Meer and her traveling professor father who end up in a sleepy town in North Carolina for her senior year of high school. Blue's interesting upbringing (not to mention her constant referencing to her father's suggested readings) and eccentric teacher chuck her into a bizarro elite click where things are not what they seem. Odd happenings and death are waking me up at 3 AM so I can continue to get my fix.

No comments: